Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In the Queue Wednesday

The new addition to my queue... Wrapping Christmas gifts! :)



Among other things, I'll be wrapping some of my hand woven kitchen tea towels! Here is the set of 8 - fresh off the loom (not cut yet):



And a close-up:



Cut and "finished" (i.e., washed and dried):




I am so happy with how they turned out!




I keep looking at them in disbelief - did I really make those?



Wishing you and yours joy, laughter and love this week and always! :)


Photo (1st) credit: kevindooley



9 comments:

BConky said...

They look gorgeous. Merry Christmas.

SunnyQ said...

GORGEOUS indeed!!!

MD said...

Wow, these are really lovely! Everyone who gets them is very lucky indeed!

gwensews said...

Those are just beautiful. I would never use them, but lay them out to admire.

meredithp said...

Those are gorgeous dishtowels, Gwen. So how much are they, per towel, including "supplies". That *first* towel is a killer ;-) (Big Winkie!)

But seriously, they are gorgeous, and I look forward to future handwovens in the new year!

I must go back and read how this particular hobby got started. And must avoid similar fate...no room for one thing :-)

Happy Holidays!

Lori said...

Gorgeous towels.

gMarie said...

Makes me want to weave. Love those towels. Hope they are appreciated.

Happy Holidays and much love and laughter in the new year to your and yours. g

Becky said...

Wow, those are amazing-- even close up, the weave looks like something you'd buy in a store! And I love the colors!

julia said...

Those are beautiful!!! I would hate to really use them but they sure would brighten up any kitchen. You are very talented!!!