Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In the Queue Wednesday

Secret Christmas Gifts - Part 2

Last Wednesday I showed you the fabric that 3 of my friends picked out for their Christmas gifts. Note that they don't know what I am making for them - only that it is not clothes and that I asked them to pick out a colorful, fun fabric and complementary ribbon.

Here are the rest of the fabrics. First up, Allison's choice:


Next - Wendi. She was torn between 2 fabrics, and given that I am going to be purchasing a handful of other fabrics to supplement each person's primary choice, I just went with her top two. The one on the left will be her primary fabric:


Finally, I will be making one for myself (first in the queue, no less) - mostly to work the kinks out of the pattern, but also because I'd like one! ;)

So, here is my fabric and ribbon:


So, last week I did get one legitimate request from Joanne (and one completely illegitimate request - yes, I'm talking to you, Christine!) for a hint. It's difficult to come up with something that would help everyone EXCEPT for my friends, because they are the people who know the context - thus, they are most likely to be able to piece together any hints...

(Plus, they are a sneaky and clever lot!)

But, I'll give it a try. Here are some hints:

  • I got the idea from one of the (~140) sewing/crafty blogs that I read.
  • There is quilting involved.
  • It might be considered a type of container or organizer.

Okay, that's it. ;)

As Christmas gifts, these are pretty high priority. Don't worry, I'll get to them. They're in my queue...

4 comments:

Alviana said...

that's very beautiful fabric. I really love allison's choice. really nice. cant wait to see what u making with it :)

Joanne said...

Love those fabrics. Thanks for the hints, I had an idea, but I'm still not sure. Guess I'll have to wait in suspense till Christmas! Hope you'll post a picture after they're given out?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I know what it is. You are making us floppy disk holders! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the fabric is truly lovely. I can't wait to see what you create. It's a little Christmas mystery!!