Saturday, November 22, 2008

BookWorm Meme


Both Miss Linda and Becky have passed on a BookWorm Meme to me this week. The rules are simple - open the closest book to me (not my favorite or most intellectual) to page 56 and write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that. Then, pass this along to five blogging friends.

Well, it turns out that I keep a book of quotations right next to the computer, because I like to start each of my "Weekend Project" posts with a relevant quote. So, pages 56-57 feature quotes by Mother Theresa, and the 5th quote is this:

The other day I dreamed that I was at the gates of heaven... And Saint Peter said, "Go back to Earth. There are no slums up here."

I have actually used a quote from this page already in my blog. When I was struggling with the choice of whether or not to offer sewing lessons to Ana and Juana (afraid because of the language barrier), I started a post with this quote:

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

Next comes the nominating bit. I'm never sure who has already done these things and who enjoys them - so please feel free to disregard if it doesn't suit you.

1. Amelia of Amelia Sews
3. Alviana of Sewn by Alviana
4. Amanda of Butterfly Blue

Thanks so much to Miss Linda and Becky for thinking of me! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! You did very well! I actually like these because I get to see who is nominated by other people and it always leads me to blogs about which I knew nothing. You have two or three sewing blogs on your list of nominees, and I'm going to visit them now. I hope this is a nice, productive sewing weekend for you. I'm working on a muslin for a new skirt right now.

mamafitz said...

thanks for tagging me, i just wrote my post a few minutes ago.

Vicki said...

Hi Gwen, I have Burda subscription details - can you email me at vicki at chnn dot com.au?

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen! I was wondering where you were finding all of those cool quotes. I'm enjoying trying to keep up with you. Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you have a wonderful dinner with your friends! Maybe I'll fly down for some batatas! :)