Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In the Queue Wednesday


Just in case there is any remaining doubt, I think this has finally settled it - I am crazy!  ;)

Why?  Well, I have joined my first "sew-along" so to speak - and it's not for a spring wardrobe or anything useful (and normal) like that...  


Nope.  I have joined the 1912 project.  

Janyce of the Vintage Pattern Lending Library is organizing this project in honor of the 100th year of the sinking of the Titanic.  

She's going to be "transcribing patterns, graphics and information from the 1912 editions of La Mode Illustree – a beautiful French fashion journal of the period – with the goal of making all of the patterns from the entire year available."  

And she's looking for test sewers who will sew these patterns and blog about their experiences.  

And I've signed up!  Yikes!  ;)

It's really Elaina's fault - she's the one who told me about this project.  ;)


So far, almost 350 people have asked to participate.  Janyce set up a Facebook page for the project here.  If you are interested, I'm sure it's not too late to sign up.  :)

So, I don't know exactly which project will be in my queue - but it's something from high fashion 100 years ago!  I can't wait to see it and share it with you!  Don't worry, I'll get to it.  It's in the queue...  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you have joined this project. I was really tempted myself....

p.s. my pr tip book arrived last night and I think I will have to attach a highlighter to the spine. Thanks again for the give away:)

Sew Ducky said...

Yes, but it is AWESOME Gwen. I would totally invite you over for the last mean on the Titanic WITH full dress in April...but TN might be a tad too far for dinner.

Linda T said...

That is an interesting project. When I think of the costumes in the film Titanic, there were some fabulous silhouettes and magnificent hats to go with them. Can't wait to read about it.

Linda T