Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the Queue Wednesday

The men's version of The Original "How Much Fabric?" Reference Cards is available for sale. :)

The baby & toddler set is at the card printers. :) !

Over half of the patterns for the children's set have been entered into spreadsheets - this last set will be out before Christmas. :) !!

What's next in my business queue? Well, people have been asking about an app...

Spreadsheets - I'm in my element. Apps - yikes, this is all new territory to me.

I'd definitely appreciate any thoughts, opinions and/or suggestions!

In any event, new and scary territory or not, I'll get to it... It's in the queue. ;)

4 comments:

anotheryarn said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure how exactly this would translate as an app. But I'd actually be happy to buy it as an "ebook" since I carry my ipod Touch with me, like a portable external brain. I don't know which would be easier to produce...

MD said...

An ebook is probably a good idea...

But a basic app could do as well. The point of an app, really, is so that you don't have to carry extra things in your pocket. While the cards are small, they are still one more thing to carry/remember.

An app could be something as simple as a lookup table: just a couple of input fields, to choose the type (man/woman), choose the garment (skirt/blouse/pants...) and enter the size. Click "OK" and you get back the proper row from the table.

It looks dumb, but if I needed a set of reference cards for anything, I'd definitely prefer an app instead, simply to avoid carrying/remembering more stuff.

Becky said...

I love the idea of turning this into an app, being the iPhone junkie that I am. (Posting this comment from it!) And it's something I always have with me, so completely practical.

gwensews said...

Spreadsheets and apps equals "way over my head"! But you will figure it out and have fun doing it!