Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday "Morning" Quarterback

There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps.

- Peter A. Cohen

We had a big spring cleaning project lined up for the weekend, and I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so I didn't get to any major fiber-related projects, but I did take two little steps.


First, I finally finished this spring blouse. It was generally a pretty easy pattern. The big lesson learned for me - I didn't try it on until after applying the neck binding, and it hung too low. I had to take off the binding and pull up the shoulder seams AND take in more gathers around the front neckline, in order to avoid a Laura-Bennett-like plunging neckline. ;)

Also, I made it in cotton print, and that worked out okay. But it probably would have been better in a lighter-weight fabric, especially the sleeves...



I also got the loom warped for the very last set of Christmas towels. Now all that's left is the fun stuff - weaving and finishing all of the towels! Looks like we're going to have Christmas in June this year...

Heck, in Florida, the weather is not all that different anyways... ;)

I hope YOU had a good weekend! :)

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Your top is wonderful! I wonder if you will ever incorporate some of your weaving into a garment, say, cuffs, collar, belt?

Unknown said...

Regarding the neckline on your blouse, I have returned to sewing some of my blouses because so many of the clothes in the stores have such deep necklines...not a pretty sight on a 73-yr-old with sagging skin and wrinkles...