Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In the Queue Wednesday

The new issue of the Burda pattern magazine has a "relaxed, exotic Hippie look" AND a "sweet, rural farm look" - so, as you can imagine, I am in heaven!

One of the first dresses that caught my eye is this tunic - perfect for hanging out at an ashram with the Beatles... ;)

And, no, I am not being unduly influenced by the fact that the model is cuddling with a kitten... ;)


I'm amazed by how much less attractive the line drawings look to me - if I had to pick garments to sew solely by the line drawings, I probably wouldn't make anything! Hopefully, with time and practice, I'll learn to look at the line drawings and visualize the potential for the finished garment...

If I let my hair grow long and white, maybe I can still wear Hippie dresses when I'm 80, because at the rate I'm going, that's when I'm going to get to this dress! But, don't worry, I WILL get to it. It's in the queue... :)

1 comments:

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

I'm with you. I wouldn't have selected that dress based on the line drawing but it is totally cute.