Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fresh from the Queue Wednesday!

A baby is God's opinion that life should go on.
--Carl Sandberg

So, I actually DID get a little more sewing done last weekend than I said in my Monday post - but I had to keep it "under wraps" because I made a surprise gift for a friend of mine - a friend who has just had her very first baby - a boy!

Since he was kind enough to join the world yesterday, I thought I'd post the pictures today. :)

I made another Baby Bubble - this one without ruffled sleeve caps, as befitting his boyness. ;)
I think this may be my new favorite baby pattern. Can you believe that there are only THREE pattern pieces? A front piece, a back piece and the "tab" along the bottom where you snap (or velcro or button) the bubble closed.

On top of that, it's really an ingenious pattern and very interesting to put together, as it is reversible and every single seam is hidden inside!



I like using a simple print for one side and a fun print for the other, because it makes it more like two completely different garments.


My friend chose blues and browns for the colors of her baby's room, so I echoed those colors in this bubble.




One really fun fact - the ribbon I used for a tie at the neckline is the same ribbon that SHE chose as the tie for her pencil roll (the Christmas gift I gave out to friends in 2008). I'm sure she'll recognize it - isn't that cool?



Well, I'm off to the hospital today to see her and meet her son... :)

3 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

What a sweet outfit. I love babies and making baby clothes! Congrats to the new family.

Uta said...

This is so adorable! The fabrics are perfect, and I love the blue and brown theme. I wish one of my friends had a new baby. I never got to sew for mine, since I spent most of my pregnancies on my back :(

Karin (the Mrs.) said...

What a gorgeous little baby outfit. Love the brown, I am sure this will look so cute on that little newbown baby!