Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In the Queue Wednesday

Something for me... :)

It will be a long time before I am able to get to sewing anything for myself, but, when I do, I have the perfect project - something beautiful AND a new experience all wrapped up into one!

I was inspired by another blogger (and I'm kicking myself because I can't remember who! I'm sorry!) to try one of the Asian pattern books. I ordered this book from yesasia.


There are many outfits that caught my eye - here is one that will be high on my list when the flurry of Christmas gifts are done:



If you haven't seen the inside of these books, there are instructions and illustrations:


And, of course, patterns to be disentangled and traced:


It looks fun and do-able. Plus, I really like the dress! Simple, yet (hopefully) flattering... I'm not sure when, but don't worry - I'll get to it! It's in the queue! :)

6 comments:

AmeliaSews said...

Gwen,
I really like that dress! It does look like it would be extremely flattering. I am afraid to look at the Japanese books because I think I would LOVE them too much!

Joanne said...

Those are definitely chic! The black one, with a simple wrap, would look elegant for a New Year's Eve gathering! Quick question - I never learned to sew, so I'm wondering ... Is a dress like this, deciphering the pattern, etc, does that come easy for you at your skill level? Or is it still challenging? Regardless, it's very impressive!

Lindsay T said...

Well I'd grab this too, based on those dresses. Keep us posted on this.

and sew it begins... said...

What a great find! I love the black dress. Hmm you may have to bring it in so I can check it out. :D

Anonymous said...

Cute dress! Do you have fabric picked out to use? So many possibilities :) I can't wait to see the finished product.

-Natalie

alethia said...

I love the simple and gracious line of that dress. I found an Asian book store in the mall,and oh boy those books are awesome