Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Project: The Party

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party 
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
~ Nancie J. Carmody

Tonight is Ana's "Vaya Con Dios" (going-away) party, and I'm expecting quite a mess to clean up afterwards!  We sent out about 60 of these invitations:


And based on our RSVP count, we're expecting about 150 people to show up!  Yikes!  

If I recall my wedding reception correctly, we also had a factor of 2 involved between invitees and attendees, but it was in the opposite direction!  ;)

The colors are pink (or, as Ana constantly corrects me, "fuchsia") and blue.  


The theme is butterflies.


After the New Year's Eve I-know-I'm-busy-but-I'll-still-be-able-to-sew-my-dress debacle, I sprung for a store-bought party dress this time.  ;)


I normally go for more color, but the party is about Ana.  So I'm happy to let her be in the spotlight.  :)

Throwing the party is a truly a team effort of love.  Scott and I are providing the room, the decorations and the cake - others are providing the music (2 volunteer D.J.s) and food.  I'm not sure if the group of 5 women knew what they were getting into when they agreed to make the food - I don't think anyone expected 150 guests!  

Luckily, no one was at home when I called with the final party count and I was able to just leave apologetic voice messages...  I know, I'm chicken!  ;)

Don't worry, I'll have tons of pictures for you next week!  

In the meantime, I hope everyone is having a wonderful sewing weekend.  :)

2 comments:

marysews said...

How nice of you to do this party. I think the invitations are really cool!

Anonymous said...

jajaja mg no pense sintieres miedo so tuviste suerte cuando las llamaste , me siento orgullosa de ti eres valiente, espero que allas disfrutado los colores de tu vestido, te veias muy elegante y bonita