Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In the Queue Wednesday


Tonight is Susan's Memorial Service.  When someone you love dies, you search for things to do, for ways to help...  I offered to make Andrew a quilt from some of his Mom's clothes, so that he could feel wrapped in her arms each night in his bed.  Matt is going to get me some of the clothes that she wore when she was pregnant with him.  This project will be on par with sewing her wedding dress four years ago - far from perfection, but full to the brim with love...

Photo Credit: Orlando Sentinel

4 comments:

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

Awww, Gwen,
I know this is hard for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Susan's family.

Carla

Sew Ducky said...

I think this is perfect for Andrew, and something that he will treasure for years.

Linda T said...

What a wonderful gift for Andrew. He is so young that he will likely have limited memories of her as he gets older but this quilt will be something to connect him to her. (my youngest was two and a half when his Dad died. He has hung onto a few things of his Dad's. Any connection is good)

MD said...

This is a lovely idea. I think it will be a great memorial to Susan, and a wonderful gift for Andrew