Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Project: A Surprising Turn of Events

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box
when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
--Terry Pratchett


Mr. Pratchett's pessimism notwithstanding, it worked! Tying the threads for the new set of towels to the still-warped threads from the old set of towels and then gently pulling them through all of the pieces of the loom worked! I bet I cut 4 hours off the time it usually takes me to warp the loom! Yay! :)

At this rate, my 2009 Christmas presents should easily be completed by May 2010... ;)

I hope your weekend was also full of happy surprises. :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Isn't it so great when your brilliant ideas actually work?

(Also, I love Terry Pratchett's books!)

julia said...

Yea!!!!

gwensews said...

I love the quote! Question: How much room does your loom take up? Do you have a room dedicated for it? And, when it's not in use, does it fold up or is it always left out?

meredithp said...

You can start on your Christmas 2010 weaving in May then. Hurrah!