Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In the Queue Wednesday



Well, I haven't cleaned my sewing room yet, but I did accidentally wander too close to a local Joann's and was, of course, sucked in by their tractor beam and forced to buy this cute cotton print and peasant shirt pattern.

What can I say? I may not have experienced much of the 60's the first time around (I was only 8 years old when the 70's rolled in) but I guess I'm just a flower child at heart! ;)

I'm hoping that this is a fun, quick pattern! Don't worry, I'll get to it. It's in the queue. :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

Great fabric choice. I think it will look nice with that pattern style.

Unknown said...

"Sucked in by the tracter beam..."
Me, too. Yesterday. I got out with just a yard and a half of another fabric I really didn't need! Phew... coulda been worse!

gwensews said...

That looks to me like a good garment for warm weather. Which you probably have. Anything over 25 degrees is warm! Cute top. Go for it!

Becky said...

Cute! But then, I'm pretty much a sucker for 60s and 70s-style retro. (I guess that comes from being a reluctant child of the 80s and hating the entire decade in fashion!)

meredithp said...

Except if you really wanted the whole 60-70s experience, the flowers should be orange, yellow on a hot pink background. Ask me how I know--I experienced about 5 more years of this era than you did apparently. ;-)

And, if you can believe it, was married in 1975, and still am! And still alive, by cracky!

Faye Lewis said...

Thank youGgwen.